CHAPTER 4: WORM GUARD
Welcome to Chapter 4 – Worm Guard:
This chapter is dedicated to the guard that started it all – the famous Worm guard. It has evolved quite a bit in the last few years and the classic attacks still work just fine, when executed well. Keenan prepared 11 techniques for this chapter, where you will learn what to do after successfully entering the Wormhole.
After learning some entries and control positions, you will learn the First Worm Sweep Ever that got him the 2014 Pan-Ams gold medal, the Original Worm guard that is now highly effective in the lower belts and beginner worm guard players. To the ultimate crowd pleaser move that will make you an overnight sensation if you hit it at Worlds and post it on Instagram.
Keenan explains in detail how to destroy your opponents with every angle, every grip switch, every possibility from the worm guard there is! You’ve earned your way into this chapter, now enjoy!
- 4-1 Basic Worm Guard Entry – Timestamp : 00:00
- 4-2 Entry from Single Leg X – Timestamp: 08:28
- 4-3 Lapel Lasso Entry – Timestamp: 11:01
- 4-4 Control Points, Balance, and Weaknesses – Timestamp: 14:06
- 4-5 The Very First Worm Guard Sweep Ever – Timestamp: 22:33
- 4-6 Worm Guard Scissor Sweep – Timestamp: 28:57
- 4-7 Emergency Exiting the Worm Guard and Becoming a Wrestler – Timestamp: 32:23
- 4-8 Deep De La Worm Back Take – Timestamp: 37:59
- 4-9 Fancy Spinning Shit – Timestamp: 44:45
- 4-10 Using Shin to Shin to Secure Knee Over Knee – Timestamp: 49:08
- 4-11 Dealing with Spazzy Guys Who Do Ninja Rolls and Cartwheels – Timestamp: 55:42